Friday, October 11, 2013

An open letter to all the extroverts in the world!

"Why are you so quiet all the time?"
"Why are you so shy?"
"Why dont you mingle with others?"
"Why dont you attend parties?"

If I hear these questions once again in my life, I am literally gonna punch that person in the face. Really, I am that frustrated.

So heres the deal people. Yes I am an INTROVERT and yes I dont like to come out of my shell and no I dont like small talks or any kind of meaningless banter. Parties tire me out and you have my attention as long as you are making sense. otherwise its just @#?§¥€ in my head.

There, I said it and its off my chest now.  I am in the rant mode right now, but I cant help it. A stupid comment from a colleague made me take the anger out here.

Why are people so prejudiced about us. Why dont they just leave us alone in our own little world? Why the urge to forcibly convert us into extroverts? Cant they see we are perfectly happy being like this, with our books and our own closed circle of a few like minded friends?

It is high time everybody realized that introversion is not a disease and there is nothing to be ashamed  of about it. Now I have accepted this personality trait of mine and completely happy about it. I know I am special in my own introverted way:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment